Sunday, March 4, 2012

Is Dragon Age : Origins worth the buy?

I am a huge RPG fan, and I was looking for a nice RPG to buy on my Xbox 360. I liked Mass Effect like no other game before, and I know that Bioware makes both Mass Effect and Dragon Age, but I'm not too sure... what are the pros and cons of the game ? Is it better or not than Mass Effect ? What are its best features ?Is Dragon Age : Origins worth the buy?
I have played all five of these games, the four you mentioned, plus DAO and it's current DLC expansions. Just for the record... KotOR 2 was NOT BioWare.



In fact, I'm playing DAO through again as a different character.



SOME elements of BioWare games are present in all of these games. You play a central character who is a hero (or anti-hero) in the story and there is a central plot and many sidequests. You are *mostly* free to deal with quests in the manner you wish, resulting in your character leaning towards a good side, or an evil self-serving side.



The results for your game play style may somewhat affect the outcome of the game in some way. Not enough to completely change the landscape, but enough to make the environment a little different.



You have the choice to befriend or intimidate your companions into helping your cause. You can even wind up killing your companions depending on your plot choices. All these things are present in each of these games.



And DAO (and the others) is still an awesome game with lots of replay value because of the variety of choices. I replayed all of these games (except KotOR 2) and enjoyed it every time. They have so much in them you uncover new things every time, slightly different quest outcomes and so on.



DAO is the best money I've spent on a title in years.Is Dragon Age : Origins worth the buy?
no if you played any previous bioware game you already played their other output because they repackage baldurs gate 2 over and over again and call it a new gameIs Dragon Age : Origins worth the buy?
I haven't played Mass Effect so I can't compare the two, but I love DAO.

90+ hours of gameplay. Character customization both physically and with talents/ abilities. I suppose one part of it is slightly similar to kotor is that the characters react to you differently based upon your actions (various degrees of good and evil mostly) and that changes the storyline dramatically.

You can start out with something like 6 different origins, 3 classes, but they quickly expand to 12 or more different job specializations all together.

The replay value on the game is very high, it is entertaining, well done, and there is a ton of content.

No comments:

Post a Comment